Find yourself a place of solace. Be it in your room, your office, your shed, by the beach or anywhere where the distraction is minimal. You want to go to a place where you are in isolation.
Now, take a pen and a piece of paper. Write them down in bullet point style.Write down everything you want to have in this life, and possibly the hereafter life. Something that are important to you. List down everything, be it a goal, a destination, an activity anything. Something positive? Write them down. Something illogical? Write them down. Something not attainable? Something weird? Write them down. Write them down as long as you can at least for the first 20 minutes. Stop only when you have run out of ideas.
Take a 5 minute break.
Of all the things that you have listed, pick 5 items that matter to your heart. Pick only 5 items. These 5 things are the things that are most important to you. These 5 items will trigger your heart.
The items that you have chosen will make you cry as they are very dear to your heart. These 5 things will give your sudden burst of energy. You will feel different. Why? These 5 things are the things that are most meaning full to you. These 5 things are the meanings in your life.
Here are mine:
1) I want to spend a lot of quality time with my family
2) I want to freely see and experience the world with my family
3) I want to break a way from 9-5 work culture and work wherever and whenever I want to
4) I want to have excitement in life by offering services to others
5) Be in paradise in the afterlife
If you analyze properly, these are the things that matters most. The rest are either:
1) a subset of these five goals;
2) are not really important to you now;
3) just because you need to write them.
Give them a try. And you will find the meanings in your life. Good luck.